Who is this food hygiene level 3 online for?
This food hygiene level 3 online course is suitable for business owners, managers and supervisors in all types of food-handling businesses. Establishments such as Cafes, bars, fast food outlets, takeaways, restaurants, hospitals and schools will benefit from this online course.
An essential part of a manager's and supervisor's role is to understand their legal responsibilities and effectively supervise the implementation of safe and hygienic food practices in business, ensuring all food-handlers follow them. They must comply with the provisions of Regulation (EC) 852/2004 of the European Parliament on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs.
Our online Level 3 Food Safety and Hygiene is Accredited by City & Guilds, allowing us to provide the most up to date and industry recognised course.
On successful completion of the course assessment, the candidate will be able to print/save their certificate. In addition to this, an email is sent to the candidate containing a link to the certificate.
How long does a Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate last?
A Food Hygiene Certificate does not have an expiry date or run out, however we advise you to refresh your knowledge every 3 years. This ensures you keep up to date with the latest food safety and hygiene legislation.
A Versatile Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate
Once you obtain a Level 3 Food Hygiene Certificate you are able to use this as proof of training. If you plan to change supervisory job roles you can use this food hygiene certificate across several food sectors such as in retail, catering or manufacturing.
Environmental Health Officer Approved
The content for this course has been approved by Environmental Health Officers and developed in accordance to their guidelines. Obtaining a Food Hygiene Certificate in level 3 clearly shows that supervisors or business owners are able to ensure staff are appropriately trained when it comes to handling food in all manners.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
All of Train4Food courses are certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to universally accepted CPD guidelines .
Click on the screenshots for a larger image.
The online assessment for the course consists of 45 multiple choice questions. In order to be successful, candidates must achieve a 75% pass mark (34 or above) to obtain the certificate. The assessment is timed and
If you do happen to fail this course then don't worry! We offer unlimited resits at no extra cost. Simply contact our support team to reset the course for you.
Course content overview
This food hygiene course for supervisors aims to provide you the level of knowledge and understanding you will need to carry out your role effectively to ensure compliance with the relevant regulation (Regulation (EC) No 852/2004), which states that all staff who handles food must be trained to the highest standards by providing the level of detailed knowledge relating to food safety practices and principles.
It explains how to promote best practice in the day to day running of the workplace and its importance. This includes the basics of implementing an effective HACCP food safety management system.
Our course content summary includes:
1. Introduction to Food Safety & Microbiology Covers food safety principles and factors responsible for incidents of foodborne illnesses.
2. Food-safety Hazards & their Control Covers how to identify the different types of food safety hazards, including the four main groups, which are biological, chemical, physical and allergenic.
3. Food Poisoning & Food Borne Illnesses It looks at food poisoning and foodborne illnesses, what factors are responsible for outbreaks, the symptoms and the control measures that can be put in place to minimise the risk of infection.
4. Personal Hygiene It looks at good hygiene practices to help ensure that when handling food, food-handlers do not become a source of contamination.
5. Cleaning & Disinfection Covers how to carry out effective cleaning and disinfection of equipment and facilities while following the relevant health and safety precautions to ensure the safe use of chemicals.
6. Waste Control It looks at the types of waste in a food environment.
7. Pests & their Control It looks at signs of pest infestation, how pests can become food safety hazards and the actions that should be taken where pest infestations exist by using good housekeeping techniques.
8. Food Premises & Food Equipment. Before commercial food-handling operations can begin, the intended premises must be suitable and approved by the enforcement authority (environmental health).
9. Food Storage & Temperature Control Covers the importance of following best hygiene practices and guidelines relating to the safe storage, transportation and temperature control of different types of foods to ensure food remains safe for consumption.
10. Food Packaging, Labelling & Traceability Designed to help you to understand how and why we package and label food to keep food safe for the consumer.
11.Food Preservation It looks at how yeasts, moulds and bacteria can cause the decomposition and spoilage of foods, which can make food unfit for human consumption.
12. Food Safety Management It looks at the seven principles of HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) as a food safety management system and the benefits of implementing it effectively.
13. Food Hygiene Legislation Designed to give you a good understanding of the principal food hygiene legislation that applies to the UK and its relationship to European Community law.
Once the learner has completed the course they will:
Explain your responsibilities as a manager or supervisor of food-handlers
Understand the responsibilities that a supervisor or manager holds in a food business
Know the importance of preventing foodborne illness and the impact it has legally
Maintain a good knowledge of the risks surrounding bacteria and how it can affect food
Recognise the importance of ensuring food handlers maintain good personal hygiene
Know the 14 main food allergens and how to handle them safely
Understand the importance of preventing contamination and cross-contamination
Know how to dispose of waste safely and its importance
Understand how to thoroughly and correctly disinfect and clean food work surfaces and equipment
Recognise the importance of maintaining a successful HACCP system
Recognise the safe temperatures for storing, cooking and freezing food safely